Thursday 22 May 2014

Howdon community day Leaflet Design

Howdon Community Day YMCA North Tyneside Lewis Self
This is my leaflet I designed for the Howdon Community Day. This was a quick job, I quickly put together a template which I was going to use as the starting point. I then checked the YMCA photo drive to see if there was any suitable images I could use showing children involved in activities. These were the best I could find two art images, a sport image and someone using musical equipment.

After then choosing the images I had to contrast them because the music one and the sport one were far too bright. I then contrasted them all so they looked roughly the same so they all fitted in nicely with each other. I then chose the Gill Sans font because that's the standard font for the YMCA North Tyneside.

I'm not really too pleased about how this design turned out, I was given about 2-3 hours to complete this so I didn't have enough time to draw up some ideas and just had to dive straight into making it. Which explains why it doesn't look as good as it could have done.


No comments:

Post a Comment