Monday 19 May 2014

The Wor War Project Banner Design

Wor War Art Project Lewis Self


This was a banner I created for the Wor War Project. I created this in about 2 months, so I really had the time to create my own imagery for this project instead of using the photos on the YMCA photo drive.

Firstly I started designing ideas for the focal image. I had ideas of using a lot of poppies to make a map of the United Kingdom, war weapons and a bigger poppy. I did originally try to find a lot of poppies to make these but then did it digitally. After they didn't look as good as I had expected I decided to come up with a new idea. I had the idea of having all Allied flags on poppies but then noticed this is a local project so a British Flag would be better. I took several photos of poppies, chose the best one and created a British flag to overlay on top of the poppy.

I then came about designing the header, Originally I had done these poppies digitally but then I thought it would be better to use the children's poppies instead. I then took a photo of the poppies and used a filter in Photoshop to give it a cartoon effect.

No comments:

Post a Comment